- I feel, that Gnote currently is not very comfortable to use in Gnome 3 environment
- I like the ideas in Notes concept
- We already have Tomboy and Gnote, do we really want one more note taking application?
This was a quick attempt to drag Gnote closer to Notes. So I tried to use existing Gnote widgets in different way, to make it look more like Notes is expected to be. This means, that the result still looks much like Gnote, sometimes not as good as it could be, some parts have been disabled for a quicker result.
However, I think this allows to have some sort of proof-of-concept. Here are the results:
What else should be done:
- Fix all that's broken with this quick redesign
- Allow multiple windows (currently Gnote allows only one search window open, but with this redesign, opening second one becomes essential)
- Add application menu for main features
- Remove menu bar
- Polish the look