2013 m. sausio 21 d., pirmadienis

Fedora 18 impressions

For a few days already I'm using Fedora 18. I've not upgraded, I went for a fresh install instead, keeping the old /home.

Positive impressions:

  • New Anaconda installer. I was a bit confused at first with the manual disk partitioning, but when I figured it out, it's all clear now. Otherwise it's a much simpler installer. It also is fully Lithuanian (those hours I've pent translating it was not a waste)!
  • New Gnome message tray is much better, than the older. The only issue with it is applications, that show permanent icon in tray (like Rhythmbox), you have to get used to Super+M hotkey.
  • Gnome 3.6 seems to be faster than the older
Negative sides:
  • Gnome Shell is quite unstable for now, I had around one crash each day. Looking forward to updates (perhaps even the ones I intalled a couple hours ago)
  • Firefox also suffers some stability problems, not sure if it's related to same problems as Gnote Shell. But this gives me a better chance to give Epiphany a go, so far it seems faster than Firefox.
  • There's no ffmpeg plugin for GStreamer 1, only for 0.10. So I can't watch some movies using Totem. I've installed VLC as a temporary solution (I don't like it - UI is very uncomfortable).

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą