Gnote 0.8 has it's shape and I don't plan any more major changes for it. There are some small things to fix or improve, but no significant changes. Below is the list of significant changes, that packagers should be interrested in.
- Glibmm 2.28
- Gtkmm 3.0
- dbus-c++ - we use D-Bus API from Glibmm now.
- gconf - configuration was ported to GSettings.
- gtk-spell - does not support GTK+ 3.0. We may re-add this, when possible.
- libpanelappletmm - we don't need this anymore, see below.
- libpanelapplet-4 (optional) - support for panel applet in GNOME 3.
Changes in installation:
- GSettings schema - replaces GConf schema.
- gnote-introspect.xml - make sure you install it, it's required for D-Bus support.
- New manual in mallard format.
- Replace title add-in.
As you see, there are quite a few changes. I plan a new release to be available for GNOME 3.2.