Port panel applet to D-Bus (libpanelapplet-3.0):
Undo/redo with bulleted lists:
How to test
You need to be able to build Gnote from source code!
You need to either get the fresh copy of source code from git:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnote
or to perform a distclean and pull the latest changes from git:
Download all 3 patches from 2 bugs above and apply them:
git am 0002-Port-panel-applet-to-D-Bus.patch
git am 0001-Add-is_bullet-to-NoteBuffer.patch
git am 0002-Fix-redo-with-multiline-paste-and-bullets.patch
Now build Gnote as usual:
su -c 'make install'
What to test
- Use panel applet - you will test the port of applet to D-Bus.
- Use bullets, copy&paste and undo/redo functionality in all ways you imagine. Everything should work well.
- Pasting a piece of formatted text is not single operation in terms of undo/redo, it's a lot of primitive operations at the moment. This might be improved in the future, but we need to solve present problems first.
- Report noticed bugs to appropriate bugs.
- For some reason bugzilla didn't treat applet patch as text is is not showing a diff.
I'll be running Gnote with these patches on my machine for about a week, so that's the testing period. Thanks in advance!